Planning for your consultation with SequenceMD
Dr. Patrick Long leads the SequenceMD team which is located in Denver, Colorado. He is licensed to practice medicine in Colorado, Montana, Michigan, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico and Kansas. For the initial evaluation, patients must be physically located in one of these states. However, follow-up appointments can take place virtually from your home location.
We schedule both in-person and telehealth appointments, but some referral indications require an in-person evaluation.
SequenceMD accepts most major commercial insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.
What you can expect:
- initial consultation/evaluation and genetic counseling
- whole exome sequencing (with the option to include carrier screening, pharmacogenomic testing and screening for ACMG secondary findings)
- a results follow-up with genetic counseling
- a management care plan for your care team as needed
Follow-up appointments are recommended (but not required) every 1-3 years as additional services.
Other genetic counseling services SequenceMD provides for additional fees include:
- Preconception carrier screening
- Cancer screening
- Screening for family history of disease